Monday, March 3, 2008

What comes around...

A close friend of mine recently reminded me that bad things always come in threes. Well, my grandmother is in the hospital...so welcome to my three. But, at the same time, three good things have come to pass. A student of mine left for another school. I am usually not happy that a student would leave, nor am I proud as a teacher to think this way, but I am relieved he is gone. I just didn't know what else to do with him, and administration was not supportive.

Today I received an email back from Penny Simkin (read previous posts to know the significance) in regards to my birth stories. I am so happy that she took so much time to read them and give me a lengthy response with wonderful suggestions. Hopefully one day I will get the stories together and present them to the magazine for publication as suggested.

Finally, I received a call from a potential paying doula client tonight. Of course, she is delivering April 30th, but the prospect is thrilling for me!!! I am so crazy busy right now, but a part of me enjoys the business because my mind can not wander to petty things. Whew...

I tried to write a previous post that did not publish due to the amount of new viruses on my computer. But, the post was about an addition to my current tattoo. I have never been one to become addicted to the tattooing process, but I have recently felt the need to add something. I am thinking about adding a Latin quote to my butterfly tattoo. I have been tossing many ideas around, and I will publish the last choices for reader's opinions. I NEVER take what I put on my body lightly, so I have already done a lot of research, and have put a lot of thought into the quote. It has been 7 years since I got a tattoo, so in my mind, I have had a lot of time to think about it.

Sorry for the randomness of this post, but I had the extra time, so I thought I would just keep writing. Life is currently giving me a lot of hits, but at the same time is bringing me to higher ground.

No comments: