Thursday, December 13, 2007

He's Just Not That Into You


This is a book that my mom had purchased for my sister awhile ago, and was handed down to me when I started dating again. Keeping with my whole "tough love" theme, this book's title sounds harsh, but the words are actually refreshing and somewhat empowering. Its empowering because women can actually learn the warning signs and not act like an ass pursuing a man that is not interested. I would actually also recommend this book to men, partially so that they realize women are onto their lame excuses, but also because women actually use many of the same lines. The authors (male and female) give very different viewpoints on the same topics which helps to analyze both what a man and a woman are thinking. Two of my favorite lines in the book are; "Don't you want a guy who'll forget about all the other things in his life before he forgets about you?" and hard hitting advice such as "The word 'busy' is a load of crap and is most often used by assholes...the more you uncover, all you're going to find is a man who didn't care enough to call. Remember: Men are never too busy to get what they want". WHERE WAS THIS BOOK TEN YEARS AGO??? :)
* A friend read this post and was surprised that it was not as upbeat as my other posts. I did not mean for it to not be. I thought this book was a great read, and very powerful for women to have a look into a man's mind. I saw it in both a positive and negative light. I have already mentioned the harsh realities of dating, but the positive side can be shown through dating as well. If a man that you are with is not exhibiting these signs, then it becomes very exciting because you know that he "is into you". That will defer a lot of questions or things that may be built up in your mind. Sometimes women, including myself, make excuses for certain behavior because we do not want to face reality. How hard is it to admit to yourself that someone is just not into you? So, the excuses build and the wool fully coats ones eyes. I liked this book because it tore the wool off, and allowed women to see things much more clearly. Why waste time with someone when a person could be waiting right around the corner that is really interested in you? So, my own bluntness was mandatory so that I could move past my own disillusions.



No comments: