Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Self induced peer pressure

Still on my "hopeless romantic high" from a couple posts ago, I decided to watch "Enchanted" on Sunday. I heard so many amazing things about this movie through word-of-mouth and on a friend's blog. I made a pack with myself that I would finally get around to watching it when it came on demand. I must say...I throughly enjoyed myself. It was the definition of a "feel good" movie with several cute lines that made me smile from the inside out. The movie not only brought back the whole "Cinderella vibe" for me, but it also made me think a lot about past relationships. The "feeling" you get when you are interested in someone is like no other. The movie highlighted that feeling, and made a point to express the significance of its existence. Sometimes that feeling is just not there, while other times people can push the feeling aside with excuses. Of course, that did not happen in the movie, because in all good fairy tales, they must live "happily ever after". It is not the type of movie that I would usually watch, but I am glad that "I fell into" the movie by self induced peer pressure.

Not sure how long I will continue on this "so optimistic about the potential for love" kick, but the movie did make me think of the song "Realize" by Colbie Caillat. I would post the lyrics, but the last time I went searching for song lyrics I downloaded a million viruses...so, if you haven't heard it, I would suggest listening to it.

No comments: