Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Quote Me

I have been obsessed with quotes for some time now. In the past...I bought multiple quote books, searched for quotes to go with my poetry, and found inspiring quotes to go with my family's birth stories. Now, I am eager to rip off my daily calendar to discover what hidden quote treasure lies underneath.

The other day I was driving home from work, and I heard the tail end of a song on the radio. I had no idea who the musicians were (I also didn't care for it), but the song ended in a quote that really struck me. I tried desperately to remember the quote word for word, but by the time I got home, only bits remained. Finally, yesterday I heard the entire song, and raced to get my pen and paper so that I could document the quote. The song was by Danity Kane (must be why I didn't know it), and I believe that the quote is spoken by none other than Sean "Diddy" Combs (if I am not mistaken).

The line said:

"Sometimes you have to go through the pain to experience the joy".

Right now...it's all about the JOY!

No comments: