Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Poems for my Mood

"The lost child cries, but still he catches fireflies". -Ryusui Yoshida
_________________________________________
The Sun Pulls the Weeds
A lonely Coke can lies forgotten
in the grass;
the sun pulls the weeds up over
its rusted body.
A pine tree stands nearby,
its branches like outstretched arms;
it serves as a perch for a misplaced robin,
who calls for its mate.
The breeze blows over me,
lifting my thoughts to the days ahead.
-Christopher Lenat (1970-1991) Grade 12
______________________________________
The Explorer
The traveler in me awakens
As I sleep at night
Without burden of my body
My soul can wander
To faraway and distant places
Within myself
-Tia Witherspoon Grade 9
_______________________________________________
There's a feeling inside
me that has no end.
There's a feeling inside
me that never began.
-Pia Wright Grade 8

No comments: