Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Healthy Dose of Disorder

I guess I have always been an organizer, or rather effective at time management. Especially in the past two years, I have had to plan each week just to get everything done. I didn't realize how much the organization had seeped from my professional to personal life. Routine and placement...my remedy in the times of chaos. My boyfriend, while organized, lets a little disorder shine through. I will perfectly place the pillows on his bed, he will watch me and then roughly dismantle my assembly. All I can do is smile. He recognizes my compelling urge to straighten and have things in their correct place. He makes a point to draw attention to my analness, and redirect my focus. Personally, I love it! :) While it may seem frustrating to some, it is exactly what I need. It is difficult when habits form, and routines are established to break away and just let go. Most of the time I do not realize what I am doing until it comes apart. He taught my "old" dog a new trick, and it seems that he is teaching me one as well...the art of healthy disorder.

No comments: