Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Magic of Weddings

I was in my first wedding as a bridesmaid this weekend, and while stressful, was so much fun! I was lucky enough to have a wonderful friend getting married, amazing bridesmaids to enjoy the festivities with, and the best date ever. :) I have to admit it...I am a sucker for weddings. Not in the "every little girl dreams of weddings" way, but because it is magical. In the crowd, married couples reminiscence about their special day or share a tear when "their" song is played. People smile much more, laugh, hold hands, and let loose. Weddings are warm, and a celebration of the most powerful emotion...love.

My friend had much turmoil leading up to her wedding, so much that I worried the wedding may never take place. My heart went out to her with so much faith that everything would align in the right way for her. I must admit, I had my reservations...but in that moment when she walked down the aisle and I saw her soon-to-be husband's face, I melted. You could feel the love radiating from the two of them.

My friend Pache is an incredible "feeler" and always seems to know the pure emotional nature of people and situations. She attended my wedding, and later...after the separation admitted to me that something was missing from my wedding. In abbreviation, she explained that the "love" could not be felt and I have to agree.

As a follower of love, I picture my next wedding to be very different. I know that it will be intimate and loving and everyone in attendance will feel it. People will share in the happy aura that can not be avoided, and the magic will begin.

No comments: